Total financial services industry deals worth $24.09bn were announced globally for January 2021, with the $9.16bn merger of Hapvida Health System and Notre Dame Intermedica Participacoes being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 31% over the previous month of $34.9bn and a drop of 14.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $28.1bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 5.19% with 292 deals in January 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 308 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $10.05bn in January 2021.
financial services industry deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 72.05% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $17.36bn, against the overall value of $24.09bn recorded for the month.
The top five financial services industry deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The $9.16bn merger of Hapvida Health System and Notre Dame Intermedica Participacoes
2) The $3.5bn acquisition of Annuity Investors Life Insurance, Great American Insurance Group and Manhattan Life Insurance by Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance
3) The Blackstone Group’s $2.8bn private equity deal with Allstate Life Insurance
4) The $1bn venture financing deal of Robinhood Financial by Ribbit Capital and Sequoia Capital Operations
5) SVB Financial Group’s acquisition deal with Boston Private Financial for $900m.