Total financial services industry deals for April 2020 worth $7.27bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 85.7% over the previous month and a drop of 76.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $30.42bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 30.3% over the last 12-month average with 214 deals against the average of 307 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $4.29bn.
Financial services industry deals in April 2020: Top deals
The top five financial services deals accounted for 70.1% of the overall value during April 2020.
The combined value of the top five financial services deals stood at $5.1bn, against the overall value of $7.27bn recorded for the month.
The top five financial services industry deals of April 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) KB Financial Group’s $1.9bn acquisition of Prudential Life Insuranceof Korea Ltd
2) The $1.2bn acquisition of Galileo Financial Technologies by Social Finance
3) JPMorgan Chase &’s $1bn acquisition of China International Fund Management
4) The $600m venture financing of Stripe by Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst Partners, GV Management Co and Sequoia Capital Operations
5) Anand Rao, Ankit Aggarwal, B. Paresh Suthankar, MS Gopalakrishnan, Narayanan Venkitaman, Sachin Bansal, Samit Shetty and Shweta Mani’s venture financing of Navi TechnologiesLtd for $396.92m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.
Visit our ‘Technology Deals Dashboard’ for the latest trends in M&A, PE, and VC activity, top deals and advisory league tables in the technology industry.