Total financial services industry venture financing deals worth $2bn were announced in North America in April 2021, led by $425m venture financing of Brex, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 23.3% over the previous month of $2.62bn and a rise of 54.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.3bn.
North America held a 56.78% share of the global financial services industry venture financing deal value that totalled $3.54bn in April 2021. With a 56.50% share and deals worth $2bn, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across financial services industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 49 deals during April 2021, marking a decrease of 14.04% over the previous month and a rise of 28.95% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 47 deals during the month.
North America financial services industry venture financing deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five financial services industry venture financing deals accounted for 66.4% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five financial services venture financing deals stood at $1.34bn, against the overall value of $2bn recorded for the month.
The top five financial services industry venture financing deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Baillie Gifford,Base10 Partners,Durable Capital Partners,GIC,Greenoaks Capital Management,IVP LuxCo,Lone Pine Capital,Madrone Capital Partners,Ribbit Capital,TCV,Tiger Global Management,Valiant Capital Management and Y Combinator Continuity Fund I $425m venture financing deal with Brex
2) The $300m venture financing of Paxos Trust Co by Declaration Partners,Liberty City Ventures,Mithril Capital Management,Oak HC/FT Partners,PayPal Ventures,Senator Investment Group and WestCap Partners
3) Andreessen Horowitz,Bond (US),Canapi,Fin Venture Capital,Goodwater Capital,LionTree Partners,Owl Ventures,TTV Capital and Wells Fargo Strategic Capital $260m venture financing deal with Greenlight Financial Technology
4) The $200m venture financing of Clearcover by American Family Ventures,Cox Enterprises,Eldridge Industries and OMERS Ventures
5) Accel,Ballast Point Ventures,Daher Capital,Floodgate Fund,KdT Ventures,Keith Melnick,Silverton Partners and Weatherford Capital $150m venture financing deal with Insurance Zebra
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.