Total financial services industry venture financing deals worth $1.1bn were announced in Asia-Pacific in May 2022, led by $300m venture financing of Xendit, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 47.9% over the previous month of $736.84m and a rise of 22.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $888.79m.
Asia-Pacific held a 27.53% share of the global financial services industry venture financing deal value that totalled $3.96bn in May 2022. With a 9.60% share and deals worth $380m, Indonesia was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across financial services industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 31 deals during May 2022, marking an increase of 47.62% over the previous month and a flat growth over the 12-month average. India recorded nine deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Asia-Pacific financial services industry venture financing deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five financial services industry venture financing deals accounted for 74.4% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five financial services venture financing deals stood at $811.19m, against the overall value of $1.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five financial services industry venture financing deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Accel,Amasia,Coatue,EV Growth ,Goat Capital,Insight Partners,Intudo Ventures,Kleiner Perkins and Tiger Global Management $300m venture financing deal with Xendit
2) The $236.19m venture financing of Huatai Great Wall Futures by Huatai Securities
3) DST Global and World Innovation Lab (WiL fund) $115m venture financing deal with Upsider
4) The $80m venture financing of Moonalpha Financial Serviced by 10T Holdings,BAI Capital,Circle Ventures,Dragonfly Capital Partners and Jeneration Capital
5) GIC and Prosus Ventures $80m venture financing deal with PT Bibit Tumbuh Bersama