Total financial services industry cross border deals worth $3.3bn were announced globally for April 2022, with the Abu Dhabi Developmental Holding Co $911.46m private equity deal with Commercial International Bank (Egypt) being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 77% over the previous month of $14.33bn and a drop of 76.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $13.82bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 38.14% with 73 deals in April 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 118 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with cross border deals worth $1.34bn in April 2022.
financial services industry cross border deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 63.4% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $2.09bn, against the overall value of $3.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five financial services industry cross border deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Abu Dhabi Developmental Holding Co $911.46m private equity deal with Commercial International Bank (Egypt)
2) The $400m private equity of Circle Internet Financial by BlackRock,Fidelity Investments,Fin Capital and Marshall Wace
3) ACA Investments Pte. $370m private equity deal with bitFlyer
4) The $210m venture financing of Voyager Innovations by EDBI,First PacificLimited,IFC Emerging Asia Fund,IFC Financial Institutions Growth Fund,International Finance Corporation(US),KKRInc,PLDT,SIG Venture Capital and Tencent Holdings
5) Wei Zhou $200m acquisition deal with Coins.ph
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.