Asia-Pacific’s financial services industry saw a rise of 10.61% in deal activity during November 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Amer International Group’s $2.5bn acquisition of Huishang Bank, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 73 financial services industry deals worth $5.9bn were announced for the region in November 2021, against the 12-month average of 66 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in November 2021 with 34 transactions, representing a 46.6% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with 32 deals, followed by private equity deals with seven transactions, respectively capturing a 43.8% and 9.6% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s financial services industry with $4.85bn, while venture financing and private equity deals totalled $835.92m and $247.15m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific financial services industry deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five financial services deals accounted for 83.1% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five financial services deals stood at $4.93bn, against the overall value of $5.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five financial services industry deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Amer International Group $2.5bn acquisition deal with Huishang Bank
2) The $1.38bn acquisition of Shenzhen Investment Holdings by Shenzhen Expressway
3) Siam Commercial Bank Public $534.79m acquisition deal for 51% stake in Bitkub Online
4) The $300m venture financing of Globe Fintech Innovations by Amplo,Ayala,Bow Wave Capital Management,Globe Telecom,Insight Partners,Itai Tsiddon and Warburg Pincus
5) 8i Ventures Fund,Anfa,Blume Ventures,Gunosy Capital,Insight Partners,Moore Strategic Ventures,Sunley House Capital Management and Tiger Global Management $220m venture financing deal with Garagepreneurs Internet
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.