Asia-Pacific’s financial services industry saw a drop of 22.86% in deal activity during April 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by ACA Investments Pte.’s $370m private equity deal with bitFlyer, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 54 financial services industry deals worth $2.3bn were announced for the region in April 2022, against the 12-month average of 70 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in April 2022 with 31 transactions, representing a 57.4% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with 19 deals, followed by private equity deals with four transactions, respectively capturing a 35.2% and 7.4% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s financial services industry with $1.24bn, while venture financing and private equity deals totalled $669.84m and $397.12m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific financial services industry deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five financial services deals accounted for 57% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five financial services deals stood at $1.31bn, against the overall value of $2.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five financial services industry deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) ACA Investments Pte. $370m private equity deal with bitFlyer
2) The $333.91m acquisition of 7.9% stake in Tianfeng Securities by Hubei Hongtai Group
3) EDBI,First PacificLimited,IFC Emerging Asia Fund,IFC Financial Institutions Growth Fund,International Finance Corporation(US),KKRInc,PLDT,SIG Venture Capital and Tencent Holdings $210m acquisition deal with Voyager Innovations
4) The $200m venture financing of Coins.ph by Wei Zhou
5) PT Finaccel Teknologi Indonesia $200m acquisition deal with PT Bank Bisnis Internasional