The $400m venture financing of FinanceFox Germany was the Financial services industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $959.4m were announced globally in July 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 63.4% over the previous month of $2.62bn and a drop of 73.9% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $3.68bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $631.77m. At the country level, the Germany topped the list in terms of deal value at $424.45m.
In terms of volumes, Europe emerged as the top region for Financial services industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in July 2022 was the US with 14 deals, followed by the UK with eight and India with six.
In 2022, as of July, Financial services venture financing deals worth $20.63bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 36.9% year on year.
Financial services industry venture financing deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five Financial services industry venture financing deals accounted for 73.2% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five Financial services venture financing deals stood at $702m, against the overall value of $959.4m recorded for the month.
The top five Financial services industry venture financing deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) EDBI, Eurazeo, Horizons Ventures, LGT Impact Ventures, Mubadala Investment, OMERS Ventures and Target Global $400m venture financing deal with FinanceFox Germany
2) The $120m venture financing of yu life by Anthemis Group, Creandum, Daiichi, Eurazeo, Latitude – UK, LocalGlobe, MMC Ventures, Notion Capital, OurCrowd and Target Global
3) Hummingbird Ventures, Matrix Partners, QED Investors, Sarv Investments(Inactive),Sequoia Capital Operations and Temasek Holdings $102m venture financing deal with FPL Technologies
4) The $50m venture financing of Mi Stori by BAI Capital, Davidson Kempner Capital Management, General Catalyst Partners, GGV Capital, GIC, Goodwater Capital, Lightspeed Management Company, Tresalia Capital and Vision Plus Capital
5) Morgan Health $30m venture financing deal with Centivo